Monday, April 02, 2007

Thank You Planet Cancer!

While websurfing tonight I came across this awesome list that fits me so perfectly. Now I have new things to say when asked about my U-shaped scar on my neck! :)

Top 10 Responses To Nosy Questions About Scars

1. Never go to Mother's Tattoo Parlor when you're high.
2. You think that's bad, you should see the exit wound.
3. I self-mutilate. Don't you?
4. Those damn flesh-eating bacteria are spreading, slowly but surely.
5. That's where the government put the chip to track my movements.
6. It's the only way to smuggle drugs these days.
7. What scar? What are you talking about? Oh my God! That's HUGE!
8. I had to sell organs to get off the street.
9. I should have listened when Mom said not to scratch that mosquito bite.
10. That's where my Siamese twin was attached.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are good. We've been thinking of using 'shark attack' for Holly's belly scars. Selling organs is classic, though.

Judith said...

A very amusing list, I have actually used some lines like that myself as I am a great many scars all over my body from a rather violent sexual assault. I hate how some people feel they have a right to be told how you have the scars. When changing at our local swimming pool I have even had people INSPECT me like they were looking a car over ! GGRRRRRRRR. Regards, Judith van der Roos

Mandy said...

Love it! I could have really used these just after my thyroidectomy. My scar isn't quite as bad now but, I do still get the looks sometimes.

Gossamer Axe said...

OMFG That is too hilarious! I'm going to write those down, I'll need them for after my surgery. :-)