Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ummmm, Anybody Know About Strokes?

It's very likely that I had a stroke earlier today and this is now scaring the hell out of me. No, I'm not overreacting either.

I was sitting downstairs with Vin talking to him when all of a sudden I felt like I was going to throw up NOW. I ran upstairs, didn't throw up, and layed down on the bed. My body started feeling really heavy, I got a sudden horrid headache, I was seeing spots before my eyes, I felt like I needed to sleep NOW because my eyes were crossing, and I kept blacking out for a few seconds at a time along with slurring my speech real badly. Seriously, I would be sitting there I guess slurring at Vin (I thought I was talking okay) and then I would just fall over suddenly coming to once I hit the bed.

Vin didn't know what to think and we honestly didn't think at the time that it was something that bad to worry about. We thought maybe I was tired or just dizzy from being hot or something. If we had a brain in our heads we would have called 911 for an ambulance.

The reason I think I had a stroke is because it seemed like a heavier version of the mini-strokes I've had for the past year or so. I still have a bad headache, my vision is blurry, I feel "fuzzy", and it's hard to grab the words I want to use when I talk. I just feel so weird.

I have an appointment in the morning with my endo and I'm going to ask her about it and see what she says. It has me scared at this point and I don't want to mess with something like this. I'd go to the hospital tonight but I don't want to waste eight hours in the ER waiting just to be told that it's probably nothing. It would be very hard on me to leave the kids home alone for that long (Vin works graves and the 17yo is old enough to babysit). *sigh*

Anyway- has anyone had a mild stroke or know someone who has? I'm just wondering what it felt like and how long the side effects lasted. Either way I'm talking to the endo tomorrow to see what she says and if this happens again I promise that I am heading to the ER.

No comments: