Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Wow Has It Been A Year?

I can't believe it's been a year since I wrote a post about us on here. It's funny that this post is to share the results of Big B's latest 24 hour urine with everyone because that's what my last one was about.

The results from this time last year were actually slightly elevated which meant it was likely pheochromocytomas were forming but it wasn't something to worry about yet. I don't know why I posted that it was normal and I apologize for that.

His most recent results (which are from last week) show that he has NOT gone up at all and while everything is still slightly elevated it isn't any higher than this time last year so that is very good news! It means that we are still in watch and see mode but not having to hurry towards surgery anytime soon.

We'll continue to repeat the results every six months and keep an eye on things so we're not caught off guard like we were when I was diagnosed.

More good news is that he is still not even showing a trace of calcitonin so he is at FOUR years of being considered cured of medullary thyroid cancer and I for one couldn't be happier. I hate knowing that Big B and Sis have to deal with this at all but I'm so happy we caught it so early with them and their life will be so much better than mine. As a mom I can't ask for more than that.

Hugz and I will try to post more often.

1 comment:

Jonzie said...

That's good news. I'm keeping an eye on you guys :)