Friday, May 27, 2005

Just a quick update...

Well they moved my appointment with the head and neck surgeon and my pre-op appointment to June 1st so we don't have to go down two days early after all. I KNOW it's better because we will save some money but I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say I had been looking forward to us getting to spend a whole day just being together. Oh well, not much to do about it.

My CT scan results came back and I'm a little miffed. They said there is no sign of infection, no kidney stones, and something else. Well DUH, you think? We were looking for absess or internal bleeding. I'm sure those came back negative as well but still, how about a decent answer now and then. STILL know nothing about the possibility of scarring though. So at this point I guess I'm feeling flank pain and liver pain for no reason. Must be totally making that up. I guess I enjoy hurting and those wonderful pain killers they keep giving me that DO NOTHING!!! *eyeroll*

The tumor in my liver is excessive tissue. DUHHHHHHH, we've already said that too TWICE now. Not much was said about my neck except that I had a few small nodules on the right side and some larger ones on the left. Again, a little miffed because the report made it sound like they were no big deal. Guess I'm just not in the mood to have CANCER trivialized you know? I also had some fluid in my pelvis and a cyst on one of my ovaries. WHO CARES?!

The bone scan came back clear so no bone mets at this point. So I guess that would mean I have no reason to be in constant pain so bad I can't sleep and I want to rip my arms and legs off then eh? Again, must be just me wanting those lovely pain meds that don't do jack for me. :(

I don't know where we go from here to be honest. I'm gladly nothing scary or new showed up but at the same time I'm tired of hurting all the time and would really like to know what's going on. I have a feeling that I will just get blown off from now on. *sigh*

Kids had a blood draw today so we will find out probably when I get back from my surgery how their calcium levels are doing. Big B is ALMOST at the level he's suppose to be at. Just a little bit more and he will be out of the woods on that. They are getting use to having blood taken. Even Sis which makes me proud. I just wish they didn't have to go through this several times a year for the rest of their lives. :( That part REALLY sucks.

So Tuesday I pick up my copies of my records from Dr. L's office and then we are off to Tampa for the surgery. The soonest I will get to come home will be next Sunday and I'm really hoping they let me out then. I'm going to miss the kids so much and don't want to be away any longer than I absolutely have to.

No comments: