Friday, February 11, 2005

What A Pain In The Hiney!

I went in yesterday for my stim test (the test on adrenal function). That was NOT fun let me tell you! They took blood in my left arm and then injected something into my right arm. Half an hour later they took more blood from my left arm. Then half an hour after that they took more blood out of my right arm this time. So in less than 24 hours I was stuck three times in my left arm, twice in my right, and had 11 vails of blood taken. Ugh, this whole thing sucks and I curse MEN2a once again. LOL. Afterwards I felt a little queasy but nothing bad. I also felt really tired all day but had so many phone calls to make to various places and people that there were no time for a nap.

Later in the day, Heather (Dr BC's NP) called me and said that Dr.BC wanted me to overnight the CT scans of my abdomen to him. I asked her how I knew which ones would be the abdomen and she said they should say as much on them. She also said Dr BC is going to want to do a liver biopsy (ANOTHER one I should say) and an Octreotide scan on me as well.

So I go get out my scans and not a single one says the word abdomen or anything else referring to a part of the body. :( I tried calling back but everyone was gone for the day by then I guess. So between that and Vin having to work overtime the scans were not sent out. I called Dr BC's nurse (Roz) this morning and when she called me back she said to send ALL my Ct scans. I also had her check and see when they wanted to do the liver biopsy and scan. She said it hasn't been ordered yet.

I'm having a real problem with this because it is two weeks until I'm suppose to enter this study at Duke (IF I do the study). They will get the scan films I'm sending on Monday and I have a feeling they are going to tell me to be there Tuesday or Wednesday for the biopsy and scan. HOW are you suppose to do this crap with a family? I mean I just don't know how other people with children do this. I guess they probably have family to help out but still... this is just getting so old so fast. I told my mother in law that at this point I say we just forget everything with me, get the kids taken care of, and go to Disneyworld. LOL.

So anyway- just trying to figure out everything still and it just seems to be getting harder day by day. At this point I honestly don't want to be in the study. I just want to go on with my life, get the surgeries I need to, take care of my kids, and then go from there. This has just become a huge pain in the butt and it shouldn't be.

I'm still feeling pretty good after surgery. All the sterile strips have come off now so I'm stuck with stickies all over my stomach. :) Some of the scars will heal up okay but some of them are already looking like crap. It sucks but I knew it would happen so at least I'm not shocked or anything by it. The only problems I'm having right now are a headache that just won't go away and I've been a tad nauseated the last few days. Hopefully they will both clear up soon. I don't want to have to go back to taking the Vicodin for the headache. That's all I need is to be a Brett Favre and hooked on Vicodin. LOL. Sorry, bad joke.

No comments: