Monday, December 06, 2004

Misc Stuff

Figured I needed to update a few things. Let's see- the kids had to get more blood drawn because the day we went the regular lab girl wasn't there so another girl handled the specimens. She was suppose to put the blood in a purple top tube so that it could be sent to one lab and then to another for various tests. Instead she put it in a tube that is frozen meaning only one lab could use it. In other words, she royally screwed up. I was NOT happy to say the least.

The only funny thing is that now that I have gotten people fired TWICE since this all started they are all VERY respectful and about fall all over themselves. I find it funny because if they had just done their jobs in the first place we would all be much happier.

So anyway- the kids' results from the 24 hour urine should be back hopefully this week and the blood tests should be back soon after. I'm afraid to hope but crossing my fingers just the same that they come back negative for the cancer AND the pheos.

I obviously made it just fine to the airport to pick up my MIL. It was much easier than I thought it would be to get there. She was honestly alot of help and alot of support while I was down there. I couldn't tell her enough how thankful I was. Of course, I also have this nervous habit of talking nonstop and proceeded to blab to the poor woman constantly. How embarrassing is that?!! If you ever read this Nancy... I am soooooo sorry. *blush*

So now we wait. Hopefully I'll be able to make the appointments at the end of the month for all the testing but who knows right now. This is one of those times when having family would really be helpful. A bunch of my friends are trying to help and it means the world to me but even they can only do so much. I would never expect them to disrupt their lives for me.

No comments: