Sunday, January 16, 2005

A lady on one of the websites I post on had started a thread about how she's 30 and really doesn't know who she is. It got me to thinking and I finally went back and shared what's posted below. I'm sharing it here too because now that I read it over again I really like what I said. LOL. Hey, you have to save the good stuff so you still look smart during the times you say dumb stuff. ;) Here is what I said...

"It's funny, I was finally getting to the point where I knew who I was and who I was becoming. I was so excited and loved all the new things I was finding out about myself. Then this cancer/men2a crap hit and I spiraled. Now I have no clue who the hell I am. I know I'm not the same person and I know that I will never be that person I was becoming but I have no clue who I am NOW. I've felt so lost lately and it was honestly starting to get depressing. Especially since I turn 30 in March and have been so excited about that. I thought I'd know who I was and turn 30 and just start this great journey in my life.Now... ugh, stop the damn ride I want off!!! LOL

Seriously though, this has taught me that life is too short to worry about the little things. As long as I'm changing and learning it means I'm alive and being alive is so much more important than knowing exactly who I am. Besides, aren't the best books the ones where you think you know where the story is going and then suddenly it knocks you off your feet because it changes and goes a totally different way??

I want to be a great book when I grow up. I hope that right now I AM that wonderful work in progress and I bet you are too. "

This is the first time I've thought of things like that. I can honestly say though that I really do want to be a great book one day. I want my life to be a story that once people have "read" it they sit back and just say "WOW" and then tell a friend about it.

A girl on that same site had this in her signature for awhile. I want to add it to my blogs so I can look at it anytime I start forgetting how to live. :)

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ "WOO HOO what a ride!"

(Thank you for finding that for me Amey. ;) )

No comments: