Thursday, June 19, 2008

I have spent

the entire day feeling like such a moron for not going into the ER last night. So much could have gone wrong and I KNOW that but stupidly talked myself out of going. The only reason Vin even went to work last night was because I guess I talked him into it (I don't remember any of that though). He has informed me that from now on we do what HE decides with medical situations. I told him I agree and that is the plan from here on out. I have reached the point of being too incompetant to even handle my own care.

I told the endocrinologist about my symptoms and she said it sounds like maybe I had another TIA and a severe reaction to the antibiotic that my regular doctor put me on. She said she didn't see a reason to order a CT scan. She is stumped though as to why I'm still having mini-strokes because we thought that lymph node we removed would stop that but obviously it hasn't. So now we're back to square one with that.

Personally I don't agree as far as the reaction goes but I'm so tired of going through doctors because it feels like they either don't know or don't care. Vin isn't happy with the diagnosis either but he's at a loss as well because it's all just so overwelming with all of my health problems. I feel so bad for him because he has to take care of his 33 year old wife. So not fair.

So what happened yesterday very well could be a in part a severe reaction to the Avelox that I was taking I suppose. To be honest, I'm still really out of it and don't remember much about yesterday. Today things are still foggy, I can't concentrate, and I feel like I'm going to black out but I'm suppose to quit taking the Avelox and if symptoms continue then contact my endo again and she will decide what to do. *sigh*

I really don't know what to do at this point. I have a number of the severe reaction effects from the Avelox AND I have all the signs of a stroke as well. My top lip is also swollen and has been all day. No clue why. I don't know what to do from here. My endo didn't even really seem like she wanted to hear about it you know? Even Vin was upset about that.

I'm sorry to scare all of you and I'm sorry I can't give a straight answer to you right now. It may be a severe reaction to a med or it may have been a stroke. I don't know but unless I can convince a doctor to have a CT Scan done all I can do is sit and wait for the next one. I am really out of it and just can't think clearly. I made Vin go to bed because he needs to work tonight and needs some sleep. He doesn't need to be sitting up worrying about me.

I think I'm going to clean out some email, tell the kids what to fix for dinner, get something to drink (I'm also dehydrated the doctor said), and just lay here feeling all funky. lol. Fuck I can't focus! I hate this so damn much.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh (((Jo))) HUGS I wish I lived close to you so there was something I could do to help. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

going through doctors can be frustrating especially when it feels like they either don't know or don't care. I had paralysis in the legs and i had seen 23 different doctors, 5 different psychologists, 30 intern-type doctors, 2 professors and it was overwhelming, frustrating and ridiculously annoying. They had research type stuff done and blood tests and drugs, and injections... and in the end you know what cured me? an injection. That was all there was to it but it took a long while in a hospital bed and a whole lot of being alone, and angry at the world, especially on my birthday. I was even angrier that that all there was to it but at the same time i was thankful!

Everything is going to be okay!
Cheers,
Dianne

perfect1 said...

Jo,
I don't know if you remember me....I am Carol Hutchinson, lab supervisor, Valdosta Specialty Clinic.
I have wondered many times what has happened to you since you left Valdosta.
Strange thing....my son had googled my name and found your comment in your blog about me and the lab.
I would say I hope things are going well for you since you left, but I am pretty sure that it is still a struggle for you. You are one tough lady so I know you are still fighting!
Since I found your blog again I expect I will have to stay up all night again reading and catching up!
Please know that my prayers are with you and your family.
C

Anonymous said...

How to buy prescription drugs...? My doctor prescribed vicodin for a while back, my back hurts, I think it is a great help, but in my country it is difficult to find, it is paramount to have my information on it and found information about findrxonline.com the medicine, because it provided me.

Anonymous said...

Friends want to confess that a few weeks ago, I came looking for my medicine and did not find a suitable place where to do so, because as you know it is hard to get here, plus the cost because we spend money on an unnecessary, when we know what we will prescribe, at least for me is because I have fibromyalgia and I need medicine for my pain at the site where I found http://www.findrxonline.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?t=2611 different pharmacies and trust me this adventure: mega_pharm@mail.com where asked oxycontin, contacts and told me that delay was between 6 and 9 days to send them, then the stated time with the surprise I found that the product actually arrived, it really is very important to me because this event today has not fulfilled, but this really is trustworthy, the most unusual is that I told my friend who is suffering like me and she had also asked his this is because the pharmacy had recommended and had no problems, and it also sent an order, this shows that there are places in which we can rely on and this is one of them.