Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Now You See It, Now You Don't

What is it about me that makes tumors or "possible" tumors in my body want to play hide ~n~ seek with imaging equipment? Yesterday I got the results of my 6 month follow-up ultrasound on the lump in my right breast and now I don't know whether to feel relieved or like it's just same shit different spot. *sigh*

The results this time are that they couldn't find the lump anymore. So either it is gone (which would be fabulous news) or just hiding and will show up again in 6 months making this start all over again. If you remember the trouble I've had off and on through the years with a "now you see it now you don't" possible tumor, then you'll know why this is so frustrating for me. For right now though I am taking it as a good sign and enjoying the news. Now I can move on to bigger things in life right?

The infection in my neck has also returned after being given the okay by the surgeon. This lady pisses me off to no end. I told her nurse that the infection is back but I refuse to see that surgeon EVER again! I told her I would rather go sit in the E.R. for eight hours and have another surgeon lance it instead. The nurse asked again if I was okay and I told her that I want released from Dr. T's care...period! Thankfully the infection is nothing like it was last month and I actually have a normal sized neck.

At this point I will be having my endocrinologist refer me to Dr. Moley in St. Louis because I don't trust anyone around here. Let him look at my scans and my neck and decide how to treat me. I'm tired of being afraid of what is going to get screwed up next by some half-assed quack. I've heard alot of good things about Dr. Moley and I think I would finally feel like I was getting the care I need.

Big B will see his endo next week and we'll get the new results from his 24hr urine test. I'd love to hope that everything will be normal but the realist in me just hopes things haven't changed at this point. I don't want him having to join me in adrenal sufficiency ever if possible.

2 comments:

momof3feistykids said...

Well, I hope their not finding the tumor is GOOD news and not just a twisted game of hide and seek. :-( I hope you get good new on Big B's tests too. ((((HUGS)))) I am thinking about you, girl.

http://tribeofautodidacts.homeschooljournal.net/

Meg_L said...

Hey Jo-JO,

No tumor is good news - enjoy it for the next 6 months.

Thinking of you!